Everyone wants healthy and whiter teeth; it’s just a simple fact. Patients at Edmonds dental clinics are always asking how they can remove stains and whiten their yellowed teeth. Although the concern might be mostly about your teeth looking good, there are reasons beyond that for seeing a dentist regularly.
Many individuals for many years don’t visit the dentist, whether it’s due to fear, lack of money or insurance, or because they think their teeth don’t have any problems. Whatever the reason, visiting the dentist twice a year will do you and your smile a world of good.
Here are 10 reasons to see a dentist:
- Improve your confidence – If your mouth feels clean, it makes you feel good. A bright, beautiful and healthy smile can do wonders for your self-esteem. If you feel your teeth are whiter or less stained, it improves your confidence.
- Prevent tooth loss – Best and most inexpensive way to prevent tooth loss starts with excellent brushing and flossing habits every day. Tooth loss can be prevented by professional cleanings, exams and fluoride treatments.
- Prevent gum disease/ bleeding – If you notice blood in the sink when you brush, it’s a good idea to visit your dentist. Gum disease causes bleeding, painful gums, bad breath, and loose teeth.
- Prevent more serious disease – Gingivitis is a milder, more treatable form of the disease that affects gums; that may lead to a more serious form of periodontal disease, called periodontitis.
- Been long time since you’ve seen a dentist -Even if your teeth appear to be fine with excellent oral hygiene, visiting the dentist twice a year is always a great idea.
- Have a whiter smile – Having a fresh mouth and clean white teeth is important for everyone, but food and drink we have each day tend to ruin the perfect white look we want for our teeth. A dentist can only tell you which procedure will be the best for your smile.
- Prevent bad breath – Unpleasant and bad breath is a sign of a more serious condition. Bad breath can be caused by leftover food particles, dry mouth and tobacco products. Bad breath or halitosis is usually caused by a dental problem.
- Identify oral cancer – When you have a dental appointment, your dentist is screening your mouth for oral cancer. Oral cancer is highly curable if detected early.
- Detect other dental problems – It may be that you are not seeing a dentist regularly, but want to have a teeth exam. Your dentist can identify any problems and provide guidance on treatment options.
- Dental health affects your overall health – There is a strong link between good oral health and a person’s overall well being. The condition of your teeth and gums can impact just about every system in your body.