For many, the perfect smile means having perfectly white teeth, and this is why cosmetic dentistry is of great help in today’s world. It is therefore great news that there are various different cosmetic dentistry services available to assist you in achieving that perfect ten smile which you wish you had. We here at Avenue Dental Care can help you out with that pesky problem of tooth discoloration. But first, here is a bit more information on the different procedures and products available to you to assist you in tooth whitening.
Different methods of achieving the perfect smile
Now while there are many products on the market offering you a brighter, whiter smile, it is always good to use a professional product and even more effective to make use of cosmetic dentistry services. Below are listed a few examples of the different options.
- Brush your teeth twice a day, as you always would, however, ask your dentist which toothpaste will best assist you in getting rid of and preventing stains and discoloration.
- Ultrasonic cleaning is an option available for you to get rid of and prevent stains on your teeth. This process does not help so much with the actual whitening process, but it can be done in conjunction with a whitening treatment.
- Teeth whitening is a process where your dentist will shape a mould to fit your teeth, then send you home with the mould as well as a gel containing peroxide. He will teach you how to use the mould and gel and within approximately two weeks, you will be able to begin to notice a difference in the color of your teeth.
- Laser teeth whitening is the same concept as normal at home teeth whitening, only this procedure must be done in your dentist’s office. A laser is used to activate the peroxide agents in the gel and is generally a quicker option for tooth whitening.
- Finally, if the discoloration is extensively bad and teeth whitening methods will not assist you in ridding your teeth of the yellow, you can always opt for veneers. A veneer is a thin cap which is placed on top of your natural tooth, completely covering the discoloration beneath.
As you can see, there are many different options available for you to choose from. Above being able to provide you with the services to achieving a brighter smile, we at Avenue Dental Care also take it one step further and offer you an in-house affordable dental care plan. If you have any queries whatsoever, please feel free to contact us today and we will assist you however we can.